You are managing a SharePoint farm. You need to ensure that new content is included in search results as soon as possible. What should you do?
A. Configure on-demand crawling.
B. Configure an incremental crawl to run every 30 minutes.
C. Configure continuous crawling.
D. Add an additional index server to the farm.
E. Configure an incremental crawl to run every day.
F. Reset the search index.
Drag and Drop Question
You are upgrading a SharePoint environment from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013. Users must be able to access but not modify SharePoint site content during the upgrade. You need to upgrade the SharePoint environment. Which five steps should you perform in sequence? (To answer, move the appropriate actions from the list of actions to the answer area and arrange them in the correct order.)
Box 1: Connect to the SQL instance that hosts the SharePoint 2010 content database. Box 2: Set the SharePoint content database read-only state to True.
Box 3: Back up the SharePoint 2010 content database and restore it to the SharePoint 2013 farm. Box 4: Set the SharePoint content database read-only state to False. Box 5: Detach the SharePoint 2010 content database and attach it in the SharePoint 2013 environment.
* (box 2) Set the previous version databases to be read-only If you want your original environment to remain available to users in a read-only state, set the databases to read-only before you back them up.
* /(box 3) Back up databases
Back up all the content databases and the following service application databases before you begin the database attach upgrade process
/ (box 4) Restore a backup copy of the databases
Restore the databases from the backup.
/(box 5) Set the restored databases to be read-write Before you can attach and upgrade the databases that you copied to the new environment, you must set them to read-write.
Reference: Checklist for database-attach upgrade (SharePoint 2013)
Case Study: 1
You are planning a SharePoint deployment. The new farm will host several business solutions including:
All employees have Active Directory Domain Service (AD DS) accounts. Members of the SalesUsers AD DS security group are the only users with permissions to create My Sites sites.
www.TailspinToys.com is an Internet business site that will provide eCommerce capabilities including a product catalog, a shopping cart, and an account settings page.
Tailspin360.TailspinToys.com provides a business intelligence (BI) solution for the Sales team. It must allow users to share Microsoft Excel workbooks and build dashboards. Tailspin360.TailspinToys.com accesses data that is located in various repositories including Microsoft SQL Server.
MyTailspin.TailspinToys.com is a social collaboration environment that provides micro- blogging, file and video sharing, and the ability to create personal blogs and wikis for Tailspin Toys employees.
– The farm must be made fault tolerant by using virtualization.
– The farm must include two front-end web servers.
– Page requests must be distributed equally across the front-end web servers.
– All content must remain available to users if one of the front-end web servers becomes unavailable.
– All Sales department employees are members of the SalesUsers group.
– All customer, order, and product information will be stored in tables in a Microsoft SQL Server database.
– The User Profile service application is provisioned but not configured.
– You must create a version of the site that provides an optimized experience for Windows Phone devices. You have created a device channel that detects the user-agent.
– The website must support English (United States), Spanish (Mexico), and German (Germany). All content is authored in English and then translated into Spanish and German by an outside vendor. Translations are performed by humans.
– The site must be accessible only to members of the Sales team.
– Users must be able to access order information that is stored in a SQL Server database.
– Developers must be able to import Business Connectivity Services (BCS) models by using Central Administration.
– The salesAccess shared domain account has permissions to read data from the database.
– Excel workbooks published to a document library app must be opened in a browser. Excel workbooks in other locations must open in Excel.
– You need to provision a SharePoint environment that supports My Sites for an enterprise.
– You need to ensure the SharePoint Server configuration supports the ability to create individual site collections the first time a user accesses the My Site page. ?All users need permissions to create My Sites sites.
You need to meet the site collection creation requirements for MyTailspin.TailspinToys.com. Which steps should you take? (Each correct answer presents part of the solution. Choose all that apply.)
A. Ensure that the Setup My Sites setting for the User Profile service application uses the URL of the
My Site host site collection and a wildcard inclusion.
B. Ensure that the Setup My Sites setting for the User Profile service application uses the URL of the
My Site host site collection and an explicit inclusion.
C. Grant the Create Subsitespermission to each user.
D. Grant the Create Personal Sitepermission to each user.
B: Explicit Inclusion: it is a managed path under which no further site collection can be created. By default MOSS has a root as an explicit inclusion. N no of inclusion can be created manually. So as per my requirement I have to create site collection directly under abc.com. so first I will use root explicit inclusion to create my first ever site collection http://abc.com/ . and then I will create an another explicit inclusion “/Learning” and then I have a site collection with url as http://abc.com/learning.
C: You need Full Control or Manage Hierarchy permissions to create a subsite, by default. You can create/modify a permission level – which will give you the opportunity to allow contributors for instance, to create subsites.
* From scenario: All users need permissions to create My Sites sites.
* Managed path is a concept given by Microsoft to create different site collection according to different requirement. It is a path managed by SharePoint which will specify how many site collection can reside in a particular url. SharePoint has two type of managed paths:
Explicit Inclusion Wildcard Inclusion
A: Wildcard Inclusion: It is managed path under which n number of site collection can be created. By default MOSS has sites as only wildcard inclusion. N no of inclusion can be created manually So as per my requirement I have to create 2 site collection under which number of site and site collection can reside .So with this requirement I will create an wildcard inclusion with name /HR and /Finance and the url for that will be http://abc.com/HR and http://abc.com/finance and now I have n no of site collection under /finance and /HR. ex. /HR/dep1 & /HR/dep2
Drag and Drop Question
You need to configure authentication for the Tailspin360.TailspinToys.com site. Which three actions should you perform in sequence? (To answer, move the appropriate actions from the list of actions to the answer area and arrange them in the correct order.)
* Step 1:
/ Target Application Type. By default, SharePoint Online uses type Group Restricted. / In the Members section, enter a list of users or SharePoint Online groups of users who need to access the target application. Or, you can use the Browse button to search for the name of a group that you want to map to the Target Application.
* Step 2:
In the Credential Fields section, enter the Field Names and Field Types for the credentials that are required to access data in the Target Application. These fields determine how you will map identity in the Secure Store Service. By default, the Credential Fields list the Windows User Name and Windows Password with matching Field Types (User Name and Password), and specifies that the password is masked.
* Step 3:
If you are using Excel Services, use the procedures in this section to complete the necessary configuration steps.
If the Unattended Service Account has not already been configured for Excel Services, follow these steps to configure it.
To configure the Unattended Service Account
On the SharePoint Central Administration home page, under Application Management, click Manage Service Applications.
Click the Excel Services service application.
Click Global Settings.
In the External Data section, choose the Use an existing Unattended Service Account option, and then type the name of the target application that you created for the Unattended Service Account in the Target Application ID text box.
* From scenario:
/ The site must be accessible only to members of the Sales team. / The salesAccess shared domain account has permissions to read data from the database. / Excel workbooks published to a document library app must be opened in a browser. Excel workbooks in other locations must open in Excel.
* The Secure Store Service is designed to create a background mapping between a group of users in SharePoint, and a single user known to the external data system. When the Secure Store Service is properly configured, the following occurs:
* A user authenticates through Internet Information Services (the web server technology underlying SharePoint technologies) to SharePoint Online via valid credentials.
* Inside SharePoint Online, the Secure Store Service uses mapped credentials known to the external business application to render any necessary external data on the site for the authenticated user. Reference: Create or edit a Secure Store Target Application
Drag and Drop Question
You need to ensure that the site supports the required languages. Which three actions should you perform in sequence? (To answer, move the appropriate actions from the list of actions to the answer area and arrange them in the correct order.)
*(step 1) (Specify source variation site) Variation Home ?this is the starting point for your multilingual web site; in theory the value here should be “/” (root). Now open the Variation Label link and create a the Source Variation Label (in my example this is English, so the value for the Site Template Language drop down is English). Please check the Set this variation to be the source variation checkbox under Source Hierarchy and choose wisely the Publishing site template which you want to use for the variations. This setting cannot be change afterwards. Click OK.
* ( Step 2) Specify target variation sites
* (step 3) Content deployment
Content deployment copies content from a source site collection to a destination site collection. We recommend that you disable any content deployment jobs that include the source variation site while Variations Create Hierarchies Job Definition runs.
* From scenario:
The website must support English (United States), Spanish (Mexico), and German (Germany). All content is authored in English and then translated into Spanish and German by an outside vendor.
Translations are performed by humans.
* The variations feature in SharePoint Server 2013 and SharePoint Online makes content available to specific audiences on different sites by syncing content from a source variation site to each target variation site. Content on a target variation site can be translated into other languages before it is published. Variations can be used only on sites that are created by using one of the Publishing site templates, or on a site for which the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature was activated.
Reference: Step by Step: Setup multi language support in SharePoint 2010 Reference: Plan for variations in SharePoint Server 2013
You need to ensure that the developers have the necessary permissions to meet the BCS model requirements. What should you do?
A. Grant Edit permissions to the developers by using the Set Object Permissions option.
B. Grant Execute permissions to the developers by using the Set Object Permissions option.
C. Grant Edit permissions to the developers by using the Set Metadata Store Permissions option.
D. Grant Execute permissions to the developers by using the Set Metadata Store Permissions option.
You need to configure Excel Services. What should you do?
A. Add a trusted file location to the Tailspin360 site.
B. Add each user as a Viewer.
C. Add each user as a Contributor.
D. Add a trusted data connection library to the Tailspin360 site.
You need to configure the BCS model to access data. What should you do?
A. Create an external content type and enter the target application friendly name in the Secure Store
Application ID field.
B. Create an external content type and enter the target application ID in the Secure Store Application ID field.
C. Create an external content type and choose the Connect with impersonated custom identity option.
Enter the target application friendly name of the Secure Store target application.
D. Create an external content type and choose the Connect with user’s identity option.
You need to meet the site availability requirements. What should you do?
A. Configure each web server as a node of a Network Load Balancing (NLB) cluster.
B. Create an alternate access mapping entry for each server.
C. Create client-side host entries to point to specific servers.
D. Create Request Management rules to route traffic to each server.
You need to support Windows Phone devices. Which Site Settings option should you configure? (To answer, select the appropriate option in the answer area.)
* Browsing the web on a mobile device is now so common that a SharePoint site must be optimized for readability and ease of use on smartphones and other mobile devices such as tablets. With device channels in SharePoint 2013, you can render a single publishing site in multiple ways by using different designs that target different devices.
* A device channel is part of the SharePoint 2013 publishing infrastructure that enables you to render certain site content, style your content, and even change images–while maintaining the same URL across a pool of different devices. Compared to the desktop version of the SharePoint site, a mobile rendering can be formatted with a smaller width, have better navigation with wider touch targets, and show a reduced amount of information for better usability. You can create a single site, and author and edit the content a single time for all your different mobile devices.
When a user browses a SharePoint site from a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet, the mobile browser submits to the site an HTTP GET request that includes a user agent string. This string contains information about the type of device that is trying to access the site. Based on that device substring, the device browser can be redirected to a specific master page view.
* Figure 1. Using device channels across different device platforms
If you want to pass the Microsoft 70-332 Exam sucessfully, recommend to read latest Microsoft 70-332 Dump full version.